Apart from other applications and services, Microsoft has initiated a collection of Office applications as Office 365 (an Online Office suite). The suite was first announced on June 28, 2011. The functioning of Microsoft desktop services & applications is similar to Office 365 services and applications. Moreover, both of them are Microsoft application suites but the only difference is that in desktop-based applications the storage space is within the system on hard disk whereas in Office suite, which is web-based application, storage space is on MS Cloud.
Office 365 enables us with various subscription plans aimed at different needs and market segments, depending upon the cost of the plan. Some of such plans are as followed:
- For Home: Plan aimed for mainstream consumers and families. This plan are personal plan but are used upon five devices.
- Business: Microsoft avail users with desktop-based email applications for both Mac and other Operating systems (PCs).
- Outlook on Web - Features like emailing, Managing task, Contacts manager, etc. involved in business and enterprise Office 365 are avail us in Outlook on the Web.
- Cloud - Hosted Version - Office 365 allows users for accessing cloud-hosted versions of server platform on software as service basis.
- Offline Windows Application - The functioning of both MS Windows Application and Office 365 is identical.
- More Secure - In comparison with other applications, Office 365 is more secure. Microsoft reveled that Office 365 is compliant with an act, which would now allow Office 365 to be used by U.S government agencies.
Reasons for Setting up Office 365 on Mobile Phone
- Makes Communication Easier - One can perform sharing of information in Office 365, which can easily be perform from anywhere at any time using Office 365 from phone.
- Helps in Business Development - When Office 365 account is configured on mobile phone business development is achieved rapidly. Business employees need to migrate to get the functionality on their phone allowing them to access their account anywhere and at any hour.
- Makes Office 365 Portable - Mobile makes Office 365 portable, which means it will be easily available with you 24*7 wherever you go.
- Provide Same Functioning - On Mobile Phone, users can perform same functioning as on laptops, PCs, etc. The features of system Office 365 and android Office 365 is identical.
Method to Setup Office 365 on Mobile
If internet service is enabled on a smartphone (Android) then user can configure their Office 365 account on their android phone. Now the question arises How to setup office 365 on mobile? For performing such task, follow the following steps:
Without Any Application from Play/App Store
Well we can configure our account in Office 365 without any application. This activity can be performed by implementing the following steps:
After performing above technique, if device is unable to connect or show some errors then perform the following steps:
- Go to Settings > Accounts > Add Account > Email.
- Mention your existing email address and password in the title bar and then click on Next.
- Select Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.
- A message box will appear enabling you to know the additional security features. Click OK for continuing.
- Now an Account Option page will appear in which review the field with default details and if you want to update them, then change them according to your needs.
- After performing above steps, tap on Next.
- A Set up email page will be display on which you can mention account name, which is optional, and then click on Done.
- Go to Settings > Accounts > Add Account > Email.
- Mention your existing email address and password in the title bar.
- Select Manual setup > Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.
- Now an Exchange Server setting page will appear. Read the default settings and change if required. Following are the fields appearing on the page.
- Email – Recheck the address mentioned by you earlier
- Domain\Username – Again mention your full email address of Office 365
- Exchange Server – Type outlook.office365.com
- Check Use secure connections (SSL) option
- Tap on Next >> Ok to continue.
- Now an Account Option page will display in which review the field with default details and if you want to update them, then change them according to your needs.
- After making changes, click on Next.
- Set up email page will display on which you can mention account name, which is optional, and then click on Done.
- Now Restart your phone and your calendar and contacts of account will be viewed on your phone calendar and contacts app.
Limitation of This MethodBy applying above methods, you can synchronize calendars, contacts, tasks, etc. of your Office 365 account on your mobile device but you will not be able to perform communication, i.e. sending or receiving mails.
With Outlook or Office 365 Application on Mobile Another method is by using third party applications that are available on play store or on app store of your mobile. These apps are developed for providing mobile users to access their Office 365 account on their smart phones and enable user to communicate. Through these applications, one can synchronize their emails, contacts, calendars, etc. of their account easily on portable device. You can easily send and receive the message of your account and view them on your mobile device.
Well we conclude with the fact that if user wants to synchronize only calendar, contacts, tasks, etc. on their mobile device then it is better to sync the account without using any application but if user want to perform communication then they will have to install the app on their device. Moreover, both methods can be performed on a mobile that is user can manually setup the account, also install the app, and work on it.